With all the hustle and bustle this time of year, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Take a deep breath, brew a cup of tea and make a few lists. Taking an hour or two to get yourself organized now will save you lots of time this month.
Are you hosting a holiday dinner? Plan your menu early. Check your pantry (and the ad!) before you shop. You might be surprised by what you’ve already got on hand. Don’t be afraid to rely on your Hy-Vee Kitchen – a variety of holidays-only catered dinners can be purchased by calling your local Hy-Vee Catering Department (507.625.1107). Arrange your choice of holiday meals and schedule a pick-up or delivery time. They can help round out your meal with a few sides or even a pie or two.
Or maybe it’s buying all of those gifts that is giving you stress this holiday season. Don’t sweat that either. Gift cards are always a welcome gift – stop by your local Hy-Vee and chances are you’ll find one for nearly everyone on your list. Maybe you’re a baker? Put together cookie trays or build gift baskets to surprise and delight special neighbors or your kids’ teachers.
Let your local Hy-Vee help make this holiday season the happiest with these stress-free, time saving services and tips:
- Aisles Online: Shop online and have your groceries delivered or pick them up at the store.
- Ready Refills: It’s easy, and it’s a free service to you from your Hy-Vee Pharmacy. Get prescriptions automatically filled ahead of time and ready when you are. Receive a call when your order is ready — never worry about running out again!
- Simple Fix: Try out your in-store dietitian’s Simple Fix meal prepping program. With Simple Fix you will create complete meals that are ready to put in the freezer, in the oven or on the table in no time flat. See your store dietitian for more information.
- Personal Shopping Assistance: Walk through the aisles with your Hy-Vee dietitian for health suggestions, healthy swaps, finding allergy friendly foods, and much more!
- Recipes: Search thousands of recipes from cuisines around the globe; learn Hy-Vee test-kitchen tips and hacks, and quickly build your culinary skills with easy-to-follow how-to’s and instructional videos. From healthy, dietitian-approved meals to new Instant Pot recipes to holiday baking and more, you’ll find it here!
By Holly Ellison, RD, LD
Hy-Vee Registered Dietitian