The Fourth of July is a holiday that most people look forward to all year. It offers us a time to celebrate our nation and to come together with family and friends to enjoy some time together. Make the most of the holiday weekend this year with some of these fun ideas for games to play and food to prepare.
Yard Game Olympics
Is there any better way to spend time outside than playing games together? There are countless yard games available to purchase these days, and when you bring three or four together, you have the perfect recipe for a day of Yard Game Olympics! Here is how to get started:
- Designate Teams. Figure out how many people you will have at your Fourth of July celebration and divide them up into team. It is easiest to do this ahead of time so you can easily assign people their team as they arrive on the Fourth. For best results, come up with an equal number of teams of 2 people.
- Decide on the Games. Take inventory of you and your guests’ yard games to come up with the right lineup for your party. Here are some of our favorite options!
- Make the Schedule. This takes some brain power. You need to map who plays which game at what time. Map out 1 hour for each game to allow people time to eat and socialize in between events!
- Come Up with a Prize. It doesn’t have to be anything big, but you need to give your guests incentive to do their best! Prizes could include a handmade trophy or a gift card to a local restaurant.
When you follow these steps, you will be ready to host a very memorable and fun Fourth of July Olympics!
Your Patriotic Menu
Any good celebration needs to have a delicious array of food to go with it. Try some of these All-American dishes at your party this year:
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Pizza
- Pull-Apart Cheeseburger Sliders
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Taco Salad Flag
- Red White and Blue Summer Salad
- Star Spangled Parfaits
You are certain to please your crowd with one or all these tasty recipes, and you can make them all ahead of time, too! Whichever games and recipes you might choose to use, we hope they help you make your holiday celebration one that you will never forget.