At Optivus, we have a variety of services that you might not be aware of. In fact, we find that most people don’t know the great extent of injuries or mobility issues that physical therapy can heal, or the unbelievable benefits patients receive from seeking out physical therapy. We are proud to have a team of Physical Therapists who are absolute experts in their field and who offer a diverse range of specialties to our patients. In this blog, we explore the specialty services we offer to help you identify how physical therapy might help to improve your health and/or athletic performance.
We are proud to be the only clinic in the Greater Mankato area with an in-house aquatic therapy center. Our exclusive pool is set at a constant temperature of 92˚, which is ideal for:
- Maximizing relief of pain and stiffness
- Allowing for more mobility and less pressure on joints due to buoyancy
- Administering fluid resistance that adds variability for strengthening
- Providing an invaluable solution for patients with painful spinal conditions
Our team provides Athletic Training services for a wide variety of events within the Greater Mankato area. From high-school and college sports to recreational and community events, our Athletic Training team is the trusted choice for any sporting event.
Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) therapy is a unique method of getting the benefit of heavy-load resistance training with a lighter load. Using this technique, you can exercise with significantly lighter weight and achieve similar muscle growth to lifting heavy weights.
We offer CPR/First Aid/Basic Life Support training through the American Red Cross. The Optivus team has a certified instructor for Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers through the American Red Cross. Our instructor can certify or re-certify your team in CPR.
Our team is trained to assist with the symptoms associated with concussions. Physical therapy can work to reduce headaches and vestibular symptoms associated with concussions.
Fit-for-Life members receive exclusive access to our pool, gym, and locker room. This membership program allows our patients to stay active and committed to what they have worked on in therapy after they have completed their plan of care. We offer monthly memberships without annual contracts and a $5 day pass. There is no initiation fee if you have been a patient in the last 30 days.
Our team is certified to conduct Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE), which can be used in work compensation cases, fit for duty testing, transitional duty or return to work placement, and disability determination cases (WorkWell).
This specialty service includes three distinct areas:
- Industrial Industry Consultations – On-site injury prevention and consultation services to minimize healthcare costs to employers
- Pre-Employment Screening – We work alongside Greater Mankato employers to conduct pre-employment screening so that they can confidently determine the ability of a job applicant to safely perform the functional requirements of a job
- Functional Job Analysis – We work with employers to conduct Functional Job Analyses to create functional job descriptions or critical demands for positions to help organizations foster a safe work environment through injury prevention, ergonomics, rehabilitation goal setting, early intervention, return to work decision making, and vocational training and placement
We use pre- and post-surgical care to help our patients achieve the best possible outcome from their operation. Pre-Surgical Care includes treatment to decreasing pain and swelling, improve strength and muscle control, and empower patients to understand practical recovery after injury. Post-Surgical Care includes working with our patients’ surgeons to develop a plan of care to maximize recovery after surgery.
Symptoms from temporo-mandibular disorder, commonly referred to as TMD or TMJ, can be drastically decreased through physical therapy. The Optivus team is specially trained to work with patients in managing and eliminating symptoms through muscle and joint remobilization techniques.
Our team specializes in working side-by-side with patients to evaluate symptoms and create customized treatment plans to reduce and eliminate symptoms.
We offer a variety of other Specialty Services that include Athletic Injury Recovery, Cancer Rehabilitation, Chronic Pain Management, Graston, Neural Mobilization, and Vestibular Rehabilitation.
We have curated this extensive list of treatment options to enable us to help as many people as possible to live their life to the fullest. If you or a loved one could benefit from one of our many services, contact us today to schedule an appointment!